On May 4, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that hospitals and long-term care facilities in Taipei City, New Taipei City, and Taoyuan City would impose visitation restrictions from May 4 to May 17. Related details are listed below.
A. Hospitals and long-term care facilities in Taipei City, New Taipei City and Taoyuan City will impose visitation restrictions from May 4 to May 17 with certain exceptions.
B. The exceptions to hospital visitor restrictions are as follows:
1. A patient undergoing surgery or an invasive treatment needs to be accompanied by family members or the law requires the patient's family members to sign a consent form or document for the treatment or surgery;
2. The condition of a patient admitted to special care wards, including emergency departments, intensive care units and hospice wards, needs to be explained by doctors to family members;
3. A patient's condition deteriorates or a patient needs medical treatment, or a patient has been hospitalized for a long time, and the healthcare facility has approved the need for family members of the patient to visit.
C. Long-term care facilities may allow visits to residents under the following conditions:
1. A resident experiences severe physical or mental discomfort, such as insomnia, fluctuating blood pressure and emotional irritability, and the long-term care facility is unable to comfort the resident.
2. Other conditions deemed necessary by the long-term care facility.