On July 23, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that it will lower the epidemic alert to Level 2, effective from July 27 to August 9, and that ministries and councils/commissions under the Executive Yuan may issue respective guidelines in accordance with the CECC's general principles; in line with the CECC's general guidelines, local governments may also make appropriate adjustments to epidemic prevention rules based on the COVID-19 situation in the respective city or county.
Related details are listed below.
A. General principles:
1. Masks must be worn at all times when outside except when consuming food and beverages.
2. Contact information registration measures must be implemented rigorously.
3. Social distancing must be maintained.
4. Crowd control or capacity limit management at commercial business venues and public venues: a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) is required indoors and a distance of 1 meter per person (1 square meters per person) is required outdoors.
5. Limit on the number of people in gatherings: 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors. An epidemic prevention and control plan is required if the number of people in a gathering exceeds the limit.
6. Places with dine-in services shall follow the Ministry of Health and Welfare regulations.
B. Wedding banquets and public memorial services are allowed.
1. Public memorial services shall abide by epidemic prevention and control regulations issued by the Ministry of Interior.
2. Every partitioned-off area at a wedding banquet must abide by the epidemic prevention rule of 50 or fewer people indoors and 100 or fewer people outdoors; guests must follow guidelines on dining, and toasting each table is not allowed .
C. Venues that remain closed under the Level 2 epidemic alert:
1. Leisure and entertainment venues: singing and dance venues, nightclubs, bars and clubs, KTVs, MTVs, beauty parlors (tourist parlors and audio-video parlors), arcades, video game arcades, Internet cafes, majiang clubs, board game cafes, and other similar venues.
2. Educational facilities and venues: community colleges (registration for fall term classes is open, but in-person classes are suspended), senior learning centers, study centers, swimming pools, and other similar venues.