On August 21, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that considering that the pandemic in Taiwan continued to subside with sporadic cases of domestic cases with unknown sources of infection, it will maintain the Level 2 epidemic alert, effective from August 24 to September 6, and will continue to implement or adjust related control measures. Details about related regulations and measures are listed below.
A. General principles:
1. Masks must be worn at all times when outside except when consuming food and beverages.
2. Contact information registration measures and social distancing must be implemented.
3.Crowd control or capacity limit management at commercial business venues and public venues: a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) is required indoors and a distance of 1 meter per person (1 square meter per person) is required outdoors.
4. Easing limit on the number of people in gatherings: 80 people indoors and 300 people outdoors. An epidemic prevention and control plan is required if the number of people in a gathering exceeds the limit.
5.Wedding banquets and public memorial services:
(1) Public memorial services shall abide by epidemic prevention and control regulations issued by the Ministry of Interior.
(2) Every partitioned-off area at a wedding banquet must abide by the epidemic prevention rule of 80 or fewer people indoors and 300 or fewer people outdoors; guests must follow guidelines on dining, and toasting each table is not allowed.
6. Dine-in service management: places with dine-in services shall follow the Ministry of Health and Welfare regulations. Furthermore, the rules of using partitions, checkerboard seating arrangements and designating staff members to serve food to customers do not apply to friends and relatives who live together when they eat in places with dine-in services.
7. Visitation at hospitals: visiting the following patients is allowed: patients in intensive care units, hospice wards, respiratory care wards, psychiatric wards, and pediatric wards; people with mental or physical disabilities; patients in critical condition; and patients who are hospitalized for seven or more days. Visitors must abide by the regulations concerning visiting hours, limit on the number of visitors, provision of a negative COVID-19 test result and other related matters.
8. Venues that meet the disease prevention and management regulations of regulatory authorities are allowed to open: study centers, indoor amusement parks, sea fishing grounds, sea swimming/snorkeling spots, and other places providing similar water activities.
B. Venues that remain closed under the Level 2 epidemic alert:
1.Singing and dance venues, nightclubs, clubs, hostess bars, bars, KTVs, MTVs, beauty parlors (tourist parlors and audio-video parlors).
2. Arcades, video game arcades, Internet cafes, majiang clubs, and other similar venues.