On the morning of July 6, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) held its National Epidemic Prevention Meeting with each city and county government and adopted the resolution regarding the vaccination registration and appointment reservation system at the meeting.
1. Details about the "vaccination registration and appointment reservation system", developed by Minister without Portfolio Audrey Tang (唐鳳), are listed below.
1) Four steps to register and book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment: register for vaccination→eligible individuals receive text messages from the 1922 hotline notifying them to make appointments→make vaccination appointments→get vaccinated
2) Individuals eligible for registration: individuals in the ninth priority group (people aged 18-64 with high-risk diseases, rare illnesses or catastrophic illnesses or injuries), and individuals in the tenth priority group (adults aged 50-64).
3) Appointment reservation and registration platform: eligible individuals can make their appointment online by logging into the website (1922.gov.tw) or using the NHI App (National Health Insurance Express App) or they can make appointments with their NHI card at convenience stores, pharmacies and district public health centers.
4). Period and area for trial run: vaccination registration is available from 10am on July 6 to 5pm on July 7, and appointments can be made from 10am on July 8 to 5pm on July 9. The trial run of the system is available for residents of Kinmen, Matsu and Penghu counties. The vaccination registration and appointment reservation system may be made available for cities and counties across Taiwan depending on the effectiveness of the trial run after two weeks.
2. The system is launched in phases for individuals in the CECC's list of priority groups.
3. Regarding vaccine allocation, in principle, only one brand of COVID-19 vaccine is available for vaccination appointments every week in this phase.