On December 4, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) pointed out that the Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT), AstraZeneca (AZ), Moderna, and Medigen vaccines have become widely available to the public. To facilitate the public's access to COVID-19 vaccination services, the CECC has instructed local governments to offer the first and second doses of AZ, Moderna, BNT, and Medigen and mixing of AZ with a second dose of BNT or Moderna at healthcare facilities or local district public health centers each local government designates to provide the jabs, in addition to opening vaccination appointments on the COVID-19 Vaccination Registration and Reservation System (https://1922.gov.tw/; "the System").
Appointments for the BNT and AZ vaccines will be open in 17th round of bookings on the system, and eligibility and schedules are listed below.
A. Eligibility: individuals who register for COVID-19 vaccine/mix-and-match approach on the System before 6 a.m. on December 5, 2021, and meet any of the following criteria:
1. The first dose of the BNT vaccine: people aged 12 and older (born on December 9, 2009, or earlier).
2. The second dose of the BNT vaccine: people aged 18 and older (born on December 31, 2003, or earlier) who received their first dose of BNT before November 11 (inclusive).
3. The first dose of the AZ vaccine: people aged 18 and older (born on December 9, 2003, or earlier).
4.Second dose of AZ/mixing of AZ with a second dose of the BNT vaccine: people aged 18 and older (born on December 9, 2003, or earlier) who received their first dose of AZ before October 14 (inclusive).
B. Time slots for scheduling appointments:
1. The BNT vaccine: from 10 a.m. on December 6 to 12 p.m. on December 7.
2. The AZ vaccine: from 2 p.m. on December 6 to 12 p.m. on December 7.
C. Vaccination: from December 9 to December 15.