In response to the threat posed by the Omicron variant, after discussions with relevant agencies and assessments, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced on December 13 that it will maintain the Level 2 epidemic alert, effective from December 14 to December 27. Related regulations and general principles remain unchanged and are listed below.
A. The current mask-wearing rule, which requires masks to be worn at all times when outside, remains unchanged with the exceptions listed below (not changed).
a. In the following situations, people are not be required to wear a mask, but they should carry a mask with them. Masks are still required if COVID-19 symptoms are present and social distancing cannot be maintained.
1. When exercising or singing indoors or outdoors;
2. When taking individual/group photos indoors and outdoors;
3. When livestreaming, filming, moderating an event, reporting news, delivering remarks, giving a speech, lecturing, or during activities or events involving conversations with others;
4. When people in the agriculture, forestry, fishing, and animal husbandry sectors work in open spaces (such as farm fields, fish ponds, forests and mountains);
5.When people are in forests/mountains (including forest recreation areas) and on the beach;
6. When people are in hot/cold springs, dry sauna rooms, spas, steam rooms, saunas, during water activities, or in venues where masks can get wet easily.
b. Masks may be removed when consuming food/beverages.
c. Masks may be temporarily removed for venues or activities that comply with the CECC’s or competent authority’s epidemic prevention regulations.
B. Commercial business venues and public venues should implement contact information registration, take temperatures, enhance disinfection of premises, carry out health management among staff, and implement timely responses to the occurrence of confirmed cases.