CECC Operational Structure
- On January 2, 2020, the Response Team was set up to respond to the mystery pneumonia epidemic in Wuhan, China.
- On January 20, 2020, level 3 of the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) was established to integrate resources of the administration, the academic, medical, and private sectors to fight against the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Dr. Jih-Haw Chou, the Director-General of Taiwan Centers for Disease Control served as the commander.
- On January 23, 2020, level 2 of the CECC was established due to the fact that the first case of COVID-19 was confirmed on January 21, 2020. Dr. Shih-Chung Chen, the Minister of Health and Welfare served as the commander to coordinate and mobilize resources from a cross-ministry perspective, including the ministries of interior, transportation, foreign affairs, economics, labor, education, environment, etc. as well as private stakeholders to fight against COVID-19.
- On February 27, 2020, level 1 of the CECC was established due to the global epidemic situation getting worse. Dr. Shih-Chung Chen, the Minister of Health and Welfare was designated by the Premier as the commander to coordinate and mobilize resources from across ministries and private stakeholders to fight against COVID-19.
Dr. Shih-Chung Chen, the Minister of Health and Welfare
Tsung-Yen Chen, the Deputy Minister of the Interior
- Epidemic Intelligence Group
- Border Quarantine Group
- Community Epidemic Control Group
- Healthcare Response Group
- Resource Coordination Group
- Research and Development Group
- Information Management Group
- Administration Group
- Public Information Group