Items Required for Health Certificate for Residence in Taiwan
- Chest X-Ray for Tuberculosis
- Stool Examination for Parasites
- Serological Test for Syphilis
- Proof of positive measles and rubella antibody titers or measles and rubella vaccination certificates
- Examination for Hansen’s disease
- This form is for residence application.
- A child under 6 years old is not necessary to have laboratory examination, but the certificate of vaccination is necessary. Child age one and above should get at least one dose of measles and rubella vaccines.
- Pregnant women and children under 12 years of age are exempted from chest X-ray examination. Pregnant women should undergo chest X-ray after the child’s birth.
- A child under 15 years old is not necessary to have Serological Test for Syphilis.
- Applicants coming from countries or areas listed on Appendix 1 or nationals without registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area are not required to undergo a stool examination for parasites and an examination for Hansen’s disease.
- Hansen’s disease examination refers to careful examination of the entire body surface, which should be done with courtesy and respect to the applicant’s privacy. During the examination, the applicant is allowed to wear underwear and be accompanied by a friend or female medical personnel. Hospitals or clinics have the responsibilities to protect the privacy of the applicant and the examination should be done step by step. Hence, taking off all clothes at the same time should be avoided.